This is how the wiki operates. It is the basic policy, or as some may say, a "constitution".
The YTP Wiki once had a direct democracy, but in Nov. 2014, the system failed due to users creating crappy proposals. The system was syitched to a Axiomatic System, where logic overrides majority.
However, there are two ways deal with objections:
MODIFY: Modify the proposal to fix the objection
DEBUNK: Use counter-logic to show that the objection is false"
- A user creates a proposal in the Proposals board with a clear intention.
- Users can object. If the objection is bad, you can debunk it. If it is good, the proposal creator can modifiy the proposal to fix it.
- If 24 hrs pass and no legitimate objections remain, the proposal passes. If else, it fails.
- While this clause exists, no proposal can be done that limits one's ability to speak their opinion in a respectful manner.
- Modifications to the Process section of the rules must get a majority vote as well as passing the regular way.
The court is one of the more important boards. It is quite versatile, and does a variety of stuff:
- Handles disputes about the content of articles.
- Discusses the banning of users.
Any user can vote using Template:Vote and the side getting the most votes is the ruling.
- Only mini-admins or above can create threads about banning users
- The user must have broken a rule and proof must exist.
- The court cannot make an action against someone that does not say or do something that violates a rule in a solid way.
Getting promoted is done using an election process. However, a user must also meet the requirements. There are exceptions, but they are good guidelines:
- Rollback/Chat/Forum mod:
- 3 months of activity
- At least one good page
- Mini admin:
- 6 months of activity
- Contribution to community
- 1 year of activity
- All of above
- 2 years of activity
- All of above
If more users support you than oppose you, and you meet the requirements, a Bureaucrat is advised to promote you.
You can be demoted by either a court order, a 75% vote under the promotions board. or being inactive over a year.