Crash Bandicoot was created by Cortex as a competition for Mario and Sonic. However, due to the machine intended to give Crash the mind of an evil genius malfunctioning, he became dumber than a piece of driftwood and was deemed a failure by Cortex.
Despite Crash being the face of the 3D platforming genre of video games in the mid-to-late-90s, no one is sure what exactly a bandicoot is supposed to be. Essentially, Crash resembles an anthropomorphic fox with large eyes and no tail. He has red-orange fur and some blue pants, albeit his design has changed over the years, most likely due to his unstable genetic structure.
This is a list of his games. Please note these entries are listed in the order of the events that took place, not the order the games were actually released
- Crash Bandicoot
- Crash Bandicoot: Cortex Strikes Back
- Crash Bandicoot: Warped
- Crash Team Racing
- Crash Bandicoot The Wrath of Cortex
- Crash TwinSanity
- Crash Bandicoot the Huge Adventure
- Crash Bandicoot 2: N-Tranced
- Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy (Future)
- Crash Bash (takes place before The Wrath of Cortex)
- Crash Bandicoot Purple: Ripto's Rampage
- Crash Nitro Kart
- Crash Tag Team Racing
- Crash of the Titans
- Crash Mind Over Mutant
- Crash Nitro Kart 3D
- Crash Nitro Kart 2 (or was that 3?)
- Main article: Mashed Bandicoot
For most of Part I, Crash barely did anything important besides stand around while Aku Aku talked. He eventually did travel to Cortex's ambiguously named robot where he grabbed Cortex's laser gun and shot at Cortex. He missed, but the blast wound up destroying the giant robot, ruining the plans of Cortex and his twin brother Robotnik.
- He is the weakest game character, as one hit would clobber him.
- In the newer Crash Bandicoot games, however, he has a health bar.
- He has these power-ups called "Aku Aku" masks which give extra hit points.
- Paradoxically, he is Cortex's greatest creation as he manages to defeat Cortex and his other mutants every time.
- He was murdered by Mutant Krabs in an alternate future.